Services for Employers
We provide all the necessary employment law support an HR function or owner managed business needs. In addition we can provide introductions to HR specialists. We are available at the end of the phone or by email. We provide clear and concise advice quickly and effectively. This hotline advice primarily concerns fast moving issues such as terminations, grievance procedures, disciplinary procedures, whistleblowing or wrinkles arising in redundancy or TUPE exercises.
We also get involved in more long term work such as
- planning, drafting and implementing changes to contracts and staff handbooks
- advice around business protection including confidentiality, intellectual property and restrictive covenants including enforcement proceedings in the High Court
- defending claims in the Employment Tribunal
- planning and implementing redundancy exercises
- assisting clients (or their commercial lawyers) in TUPE transfers including advising on HR implications, collective consultation and the terms of warranties and indemnities in the commercial agreement
- advising on business immigration issues – recruitment and on going employment of migrant workers, sponsorship licence applications, visa applications, and support to HR on compliance with duties as a sponsor.
We ensure that our employer clients are kept up to date with regular briefings and news items on matters of interest in the fast developing world of employment law.